Saturday, August 27, 2011

Aug 26 - Day 6

Woke up around 9 am this morning (tried to sleep in as late as the little one would let me). Got the little one dressed; so I wouldn't forget later on. Since she didn't eat most of her supper last night; I heated it up and she gobbled it up. I so wanted to fix a couple of eggs and some hot tea, but of course I can't have anything to eat or drink till after my surgery.

In for diagnostic laparoscopy surgery. Going to take a polyp off my left ovary, check the right ovary and uterus, and check the organs around.

Had to show up at noon to start the check-in process, which didn't take that long. The nurse came and got me a little before 1 pm. Of course I had to give them a pee sample, which wasn't much. Then take everything off and put everything in the bag that had the gown, socks, and head cover was in.

Was awake until they wheeled me into the operating room, then the next thing I remember is waking up in the recovery room with an oxygen mask on. The surgery didn't take as long as I thought it would. By the time I was through all of recovery and getting dressed; the little one was up from her nap and my husband could come pick me up.

Made a cup of tea (with 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar & 2 Tbsp milk) while making an early supper (around 4:30 pm) since I am very hungry after not eating all that time before (was freezing). Ate 2 hot dogs sandwiches (total: 2 hot dog buns, 2 hot dogs, 2 Tbsp ketchup, 2 tsp mustard, 4 pickle slices). After putting the little one down for bed, I finished off the Ultimate Chocolate Cookie Dough (not even 1 cup). Though I was okay after that, but around 9:30-10 pm I got a little hungry again and really thirsty. So, I got some Gold Fish, the last of the Tang, and a bottle of water (which I didn't finish the water). Didn't read the paperwork saying that I should EASE into eating anything....oops.

Bled through a little while I was at home, but stopped during the night. Also had really bad heartburn and had to go sleep on the couch around 1-2 in the morning. Every so often I get a pain in my right shoulder, then a sharp pain up the left side of my back to the point of not being able to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment