Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sept 3 - Day 14

The little one let me sleep in to almost 9:30 this morning. Had a cup of hot tea (1 1/2 Tbsp sugar & 2 Tbsp milk) while making her egg for breakfast. Of course, she was being stubborn and didn't eat but maybe half of her egg; because when daddy got his grits she ate some of that. I finished off her egg around noon (waited to see if she wanted to finish it herself).

Swept off the back porch and watered the garden all in the morning before MIL got here. Was helping hubby pick up pine cones when MIL arrived. MIL helped watch the little one while we worked on the back yard and started on the side (couldn't finish due to running out of yard bags).

By the time we got inside and got situated, it was time for lunch. Made the little one a PB&J. Again, she didn't want to sit in her chair or put on her bib to eat, so she sat in my lap. Once I put her down for her nap at 1 pm; MIL and I went on a few errands. Since MIL had lunch on the way she didn't eat anything here and I ate a slice of hubby's meat and cheese roll-up on the way out the door. We picked up her side table at Pier 1 and then went and got pedicures and manicures. Had to stop by Lowes Foods due to my hubby wanted me to pick up ice cream that was on sale (buy 2 get 3 free); plus eggs, bread, fish, and a few other things.

Didn't really do much in the afternoon. Made steak fries for dinner with mayo and ketchup for dipping (I know....not really a healthy supper, but it was good). I also had another slice off roll-up (that he couldn't finish earlier). After letting all that settle, I shared a small bowl (about 1 1/2 cups) of Edy's Cookie Dough ice cream with the little one - she ate about half of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment